Subtitles Display

Discussion about Txt2Sup.
Requests and bugfixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, roger_rabbit

Subtitles Display

Postby Rubao » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:40 am

Hello everybody, how are you?

I get some DVD-Rs and put Portuguese-BR subtitles using TXT2sub, the best one of all that i had tested. The alignment, the color(it doesn?t shines) is great.
But i have a problem, in my language we use the letter "?", and others vogals with accent, like ? and ?. And when those letters appear in the text, a kind of underline appears in the bottom of the screen. like an extension of the accent. I tryed NTSC and Pal formats, differents movies, differents versions of the program, differents fonts, alligns and sizes and the problem persists. Is there a way to fix it?

Thank You people.
Rubao

Postby Rubao » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 am

The only way i could fix it was changing the font to @arial unicode, it?s a begining.
Rubao

Postby trustfm » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:50 pm

change and test more fonts . ;)
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby Rubao » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:11 pm

The only one that has a good layout and works fine is that: @arial unicode, and i get this font by installing TXT2SUB but it?s not a good one, it?s a shame that my prefereds, Arial and Tahoma Don?t work. Had anybody noticed that yet? In Spanish language for example, we have "?s" and happens the same problem i guess. Another problem that i noticed was converting subtitles the way the program suggests, with Gray antialias, when playing in the DVD Player, we can?t separet when it?s "i" or "!", i have to change to black antialias.
Rubao

Return to Txt2Sup