"line 1"
"line 2"

If there is one line subtitle :
"line 1"
" " <-- it is blank

I sugguess if only one line subtitle, it should be :
" " <-- it is blank
"line 1"

If one line subtitle , normally is on the bottom, not on top.
You understand what I mean ?

Thank you for your great program !
tomywong

Postby trustfm » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:50 am

ok i understood i will see what can i do ! :)
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby dinderi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi,
Seams this topic is quite old, but a little problem still excists. :)

To create sup files, I usualy used SubtitleCreator, till now. I find it very good tool but it has very anoying inconvinience. It's bitmap generating routine, ganerates ugly subs in shape. They look like generated by some first video processors, used in 8 bit computers. ;) That was the main reson I started to look for tool that makes better bitmaps. Finaly I found your nice tool, Txt2Sup.
Subtitles converted with your tool finaly look, like they should. Each subtitle letter is nice in shape and when I look at them I do not have a feeling, letters were ragged by dogs. ;) I realy love them. But little problem forced me to write this message, today. Maybe we may help, in adding text bottom aligment and "italic/bold" tags support? Is the source code avalible?
Or maybe those little improvements are anticipated in nearest future version?

Sending best regards from Poland
Dinderi :idea:
dinderi

Postby trustfm » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 am

I use a completely different render method from subtitle creator.
The problem is that my render is limited on displaing subs without tags.
It can be converted to display an completely italic subtitle but not something like this :
Hello <b>there</b> how do you do ?
This would be really hard to do cause i have to do the parser and then manually calculate the SPACING gap which would be a pain so an result like this might happen :
Hello__________________there_____________________how do you do ?

I must reimplement the renderer and i really dont have that time right now . I could have use a component that has html tagings enabled but i would have the renderer problems that has subtitle creator. :(

If you want the source code i can give you a copy if you are delphi developer.
The other great thing of txt2sup over subtitle creator is that can be runned in linux really easily with wine

Here i want also say that the same renderer is used on Txt2Vobsub too with the same advantages and disadvantages ...
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby dinderi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:32 am

trustfm wrote:I use a completely different render method from subtitle creator.

Yeah, that can be easily seen, comparing bitmaps rendered by txt2sup and those rendered by SubtitleCreator. :) Once you notice the difference, you never like SC's, as much as you did before ;)
It can be converted to display an completely italic subtitle but not something like this :

Does txt2sup support any tags, to make text be shown as "italic"? Maybe it is easier to replace '<i>' for (f.e.) '/' in any word editor, then patching the code :) But still bottom alignment is the one thing I realy miss :)

I use only Italic tags in my subs. I do not use bold text, at all. So, I would probably never miss that feature :)

If you want the source code i can give you a copy if you are delphi developer.

I do not know much about Delphi, but my close friend, that is thousend miles more advanced programer then I, prefers Delphi ;) If you do not mind to share your code, please send it at "dinderi [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au".\
I promiss to keep it "only for private", as long as you wish.
Thank you in advance
dinderi

Postby trustfm » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 am

I just have mailed to you the source code. It is on an 7z archive use 7-zip to uncompress it.

----------------------------------------------------

Ok i will explain you the problematic

How Txt2Sup works :
Renders Line one and then line two.
Right now if finds <i> etc ... just skips them because else would have rendered them like pure text

How Txt2Sup can easily work :
Render one line bold and one normal etc... like this :
<i>Hello</i>
<b>Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy</b>
This case is really easy to be done with txt2sup

More difficult case :
One Line hybrid :
Hello <b>there</b> how are you ?
This is really a pain to do with the actual renderer

Worst case :
Two line hybrid :
Ηello <b>there i was
going to</b> the supermarket.
This is really a pain to do with the actual renderer

I hope that you have understood the limitations .... :roll:

I know that the tag is a limitation but on the other hand i have never seen a dvd with formatted subtitles. In Greece always put the " "for italics"
and UPPERCASE for bold....
Sorry but txt2sup is never been produced for styled subtitles. :oops: :oops:

TIP: The worst case can be ported to the more difficult case by PRE-processing the subtitles
from this :
Ηello <b>there i was
going to</b> the supermarket.
To this :
Ηello <b>there i was</b>
<b>going to</b> the supermarket.

So the main problem is to modify the renderer to change font style at each line. blabla<i>bltabla</i><b>blabla</b>
(the lines are indipendent)

Have a nice day :wink:
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby dinderi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:27 am

trustfm wrote:I just have mailed to you the source code. It is on an 7z archive use 7-zip to uncompress it.

Thank you. It will take a while, as we need to meet with a friend, first. It is not easy, while both of us have families and work :)
I know that the tag is a limitation but on the other hand i have never seen a dvd with formatted subtitles. In Greece always put the " "for italics"
and UPPERCASE for bold....

Not a bad idea :) Maybe, I should start to use it, too :)

Ευχαριστώ πολύ
dinderi

Postby trustfm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:42 am

:D :D :D :D
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby CCross » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:57 am

Hi,

First off all I want to thank you for this great programme. This is by far away the best sup creator I've ever seen. :)
I've got no problems with the programme only a question. It's the same question as the first message of this topic.
It's about when one line is shown, like this:

If there is one line subtitle :
"line 1"
" " <-- it is blank

Is there a possibility to show it like this way?
" " <-- it is blank
"line 1"

Have a nice day,
cc
CCross

Postby banannq » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Hello and thank you for a very nice app. it was the first one i found and i looked no more;]

however, i think you could work on these tag issues with another approach.
even without changing your rendering method, program could make whole line bold or italic when it spots a tag.
i mean, it is really rare to see a DVD with subtitles coded like :
Hello <b>there</b> my friend
and i don't think i'd need it at all, frankly i don't need bold most of the times. but on the other hand,
i'd like to have italic, also, full line either normal or italic. good example would be lord of the rings, when
Frodo hears elvish queen thoughts the same time (the same subtitle, different line) he hears her speak.
i think thats what {y:i} is for, making whole line italic. you shouldn't bother about parsing it anymore, i think.

Also, if i could ask you for the source code as well, i am polish also;) and i do Delphi quite much, maybe i could just code this feature for myself and bothered you no more since i think it's almost perfect software;] if you didn't mind, my address is banannq@gmail.com. thanks in advance
banannq

Return to Txt2Sup