No AudioStream listed? No problem! Read this.

Discussion about Avi2Dvd.
Requests and bug fixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Does not work, even after re-installation of newest version

Postby dr_mabuse » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 am

Hello Dr.M.,
I tried everything mentioned above to convert a short avi file about 3 and a half minutes.
I use Win XP Pro SP3 and the last Avi2DVD version. I succeded already converting a fill 90min video and burned it to a DVD succesful.
But this here is awful.
Media Data is:
Stream 0 Typ Video Codec MJPG Res.640*424 Fr.rate 24.000384
Stream 1 Typ Audio Codec araw Channel mono Samp.rate 11025Hz bps 16.

I got the following error log:
---------------------------------------------------------
[02:16:19] AVI2DVD Started !
[02:16:22] Type mode : Avi Input
[02:16:22] Output : Dvd
[02:16:22] Encoder Selected : QuEnc
[02:16:22] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
[02:17:12] Demuxing of the selected audio finished
successfully !
[G:\Temp\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.ac3 4608450
Bytes]
[02:17:12] Starts Audio correction ...
[02:17:15] Audio Fixed successfully !
[G:\Temp\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.ac3 0 Bytes]
[02:17:15] Starts Ac3->Ac3 convertion ...
[02:17:21] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully !
[G:\Temp\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStream 1 AC3 1CH.ac3 -1
Bytes]
[02:17:21] Job NOT Done. There are warnings ... Find at the
log file the 0 byte generated file to focus where exactly the
problem appears

----------------------------------------------------
So please who could help me to focus where exactly the problem appears ?
Re-Installing using the latest codec files does not help. And the fee space of my HD is 19GB.
Do you have a beta version which goes around this bug ?
thanks a lot
YS
Dr.Mabuse
dr_mabuse

Postby H.Ammer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 am

Look carefully at your log file and you will see the problem is with the audio conversion, and that is why you have a successful AC3 file of 0 bytes, i.e. nothing.
Your Media data, if accurate, gives the reason. The video file is totally non-compliant, with a non-standard frame rate 24.000384 frames per second and the big problem, the audio of 11025hz sampling rate.

Download "MediaInfo" (Google) and obtain full details of your video file, post the info by "copy and pasting" the text or tree report into a new topic (as your problem does not match this topic's original subject).

Only with this information can a more detailed solution be suggested. I would say that the Video file will have to be re-encoded to something compliant first, especially the sampling rate for the audio, 11khz is a joke, 44.1khz or preferably 48khz are the standards to obtain a 48khz DVD standard AC3 stream.

Without any clue to the video file container, AVI, MP4, WMV etc. I can not give you any more help. Have a look at some of the other posts on this subject to see what is required.

Good Luck.
H.Ammer

Postby dr_mabuse » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the quick answer.
I didn't know that there are such conditions for converting an audio file.
The avi file was made by a camcorder device ta a USB stick and I dont know more about the circumstances.
But I succeeded after trying some other freeware programs. using Wondershare Video to DVD Converter I managed after several hours of fill CPU load to get an ISO file which I could burn
My Media Info:

[font=Courier New]Complete name : C:\TEMP\Neuer Ordner\UngarnCD Joined.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 630 MiB
Duration : 13min
Overall bit rate : 6 482 Kbps
Writing application : AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.8, Aug 30 2008 12:36:58
Video #0 : M-JPEG at 6 300 Kbps
Aspect : 640 x 424 (1.509) at 24.000 fps

Audio #0 : PCM at 176.4 Kbps
Infos : 1 channel, 11.025 KHz
[/font]

Please make a suggestion for what topic I should post it at new.
Greetings from germany
Dr.Mabuse
-
dr_mabuse

Postby H.Ammer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:48 pm

To correct the audio is simple with AVI files, import the file into VirtualDub (NOT VDUBMOD) and once loaded look for Video, select Direct Stream Copy. Next look for Audio and select Full Processing Mode. Audio again and Conversion and check 48000hz and Stereo. Audio for the third time and Compression, choose MPEG layer-3 or Lame MP3 or MP3, depending on what you have installed. Choose 48000hz 192 kbs CBR (Constant Bit Rate) Stereo. Now go to File, Save As Avi, and give your new file a different name.

The end results will be a new AVI file with compliant Audio, and it will take minutes.

The next problem will be the 24 fps. This is known to cause problem in certain circumstances and if the audio becomes progressively "out of sync" with the video then you will requires to deal with it. Please see the topic "MKV's with 24 fps"

The practice of using a new or appropriate heading for a topic is to make it easier for both those willing to help you with your problem, and those who have a similar problem the opportunity to find your solution. In your case you did not have "No Audio Stream Listed" but a problem with the audio stream failing conversion.

To start a new topic, just click on the "New Topic" bottom left hand side.

If you wish to try this solution please do, and if successful please let us know.

Good Luck.
H.Ammer

Postby Bad_Hare » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:25 pm

my problem is with audio stream as well and i think its something simple im overlooking even tho ive read a bunch of these posts. my folder is named movies, and i copy and paste every file onto a new folder named "one" on my desktop, and rename the .avi file to "one.avi". but everytime i try to load the file i get the error screen and no audio stream. im new to the program and have tried several files with no luck. help me please, i wanna free up harddrive space but cant

thanks a bunch,
Bad_Hare
Bad_Hare

Postby H.Ammer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Firstly download "MediaInfo" (google) and install. Direct your video file to MediaInfo and obtain a "text" or "tree" report and copy and paste that into a reply. Also state what your operation system is (windows what? version what?) and if you have administrators rights. What version of Avi2Dvd are you exactly using, and did you install the codec's that came as part of the install?

If any .txt files were produced, please copy and paste in to your reply.
Please also state what the error message is you got, and if you get the same error with different types of video files.

Without this basic information not much can be done to identify your problem. Have a look at other replies to similar problems and see what information is required.

Look forward to hear from you soon, Good Luck.
H.Ammer

Previous

Return to Avi2Dvd