No audio stream, tried the solution described on the sticky!

Discussion about Avi2Dvd.
Requests and bug fixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

No audio stream, tried the solution described on the sticky!

Postby yairku » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to convert an AVI file, but the Avi2Dvd program doesn't show an audio stream, so I can't start the process of conversion! When I start the job I get the message "No audio stream". :x
I tried to move the file to a folder on C:\, and to make the name of the file very simple, with only four English letters. Nothing helped me.
What should I do in order to solve this problem?? Please help me!
Thank you very much,
Yair
yairku

Re: No audio stream, tried the solution described on the sti

Postby H.Ammer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Please post a "MediaInfo" text report on your video file.

Download MediaInfo and install, set preferences to produce a "text" report of your video file, and then "copy & paste" all of the information displayed in to a reply. The more information you supply the greater the chance of a solution.

Any video file is made of multiple stream in a container. The container is AVI, MPG, MKV, etc, so seeing into the container will help identify what the audio stream specification is, and hopefully if it is non-standard or not.
H.Ammer

Postby yairku » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 pm

OK, thank you.
Here is the text about the file:

General
Complete name : D:\Gone\gone.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1 019 MiB
Duration : 3h 52mn
Overall bit rate : 611 Kbps

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 478 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.065
Stream size : 797 MiB (78%)
Title : GONE_WITH_THE_WIND_DISC1_title01.avi Video #1
Writing library : XviD 1.1.0 (UTC 2005-11-22)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : 24ms
Stream size : 213 MiB (21%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 4096 ms (98.20 video frames)
Title : Audio Stream
Writing library : LAME3.92

Could the problem get solved?
Thanks!
yairku

Postby H.Ammer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 pm

At first glance there appears to obvious reason why the MP3 audio stream is not being found, however there are a few questions. What is your D drive? Is it an external drive or an USB memory stick? You said that you tried moving it to the C drive, and using a simple file name, did you do both as the original file name will not work as "GONE_WITH_THE_WIND_DISC1_title01.avi" has underscores "_" that are prohibited. Have you installed the latest version 0.6.4? ( http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi ... vdDownload ) Are you using it in "compatibility mode"? ( http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi ... 2DvdGuides ) Will the file play in Windows Media Player?

There is a way to clean up the audio in case there is a fault. Download the latest version of VirtualDub, not VDubMod. Extract the files to a know place, in a folder you can find again. Create a shortcut to VirtualDub.exe from the Desk Top. Open VirtualDub and import your file and note any warning messages. If there are none, good. You are now going to make a revised copy of your file without re-encoding the video. Go to Video in the top line and choose Direct Stream Copy. Go to Audio and choose Full Processing Mode, and again to Audio and choose Compression. Now pick MP3 as the format you require and choose the settings 48,000hz, or 48khz and a bit rate of 128 kbps CBR stereo. If you do not have an MP3 option then you may not have the codec installed, so you will require to download the latest version of the Lame MP3 codec. If you have found the MP3 option and set the parameters you can now save as AVI in the File option, rename the final file before saving. This should take less than 5 minutes to re-encode the audio stream.

Hope this works for you, if so please advise, good luck.
H.Ammer

Postby yairku » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I re-encoded the audio with VirtualDub and Lame MP3 codec. The file is just being converted now to DVD with Avi2Dvd.
Thank you very much for looking into my issue and providing a detailed solution.
Have a nice day
yairku

Postby Jermakovi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Finland and I use Google Translator. :P )

I have a bit the same problem as the Thread Starter, that is, the soundtrack does not appear when I open the file in Avi2Dvd program. Then when I start the conversion process, Avi2Dvd says "Choose an audiostream". I'd love to chose zinc, but none of the audio track can not be found.

Video brings together 26 different section of the program, I do not know whether all the same codecs, etc...

MediaInfo's data:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Oma\Documents\Villi Tulevaisuus\output\output.avi
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 4.26 GiB
Duration : 9h 45mn
Overall bit rate : 1 043 Kbps
Writing application : Lavf54.3.100

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 904 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 3:2
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.087
Stream size : 3.70 GiB (87%)
Writing library : x264 core 120 r2164 da19765
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=23.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : -2s 2ms
Stream size : 536 MiB (12%)

I tried to open a video VirtualDub with poor results. VirtualDub does not open it, it just says: "The file "C:\Users\Oma\Documents\Villi Tulevaisuus\output\output.avi" is of an unknown or unsupportet file type.", something is wrong, therefore, but what?

P.S. Video will open a Windows Media Player, and it can be viewed until the end with no interference.
Jermakovi

Postby H.Ammer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 pm

There are two possible problems, so it is a matter of elimination.

The first is to reduce the "file path" from "C:\Users\Oma\Documents\Villi Tulevaisuus\output" to something like "C:\MyVideos\". Do this by creating a folder on your "C" drive called "MyVideos" or what ever you wish. Place your AVI file in the folder and try again.

The second if the first still fails is to download "Quick Time Player" and install. Then play the AVI file with Quick Time Player, if all works try again.

If it plays in Quick Time Player, but can not be processed by Avi2Dvd then it could well be a "mp4" that has been renamed so changing the file extension from .avi to .mp4 might make it recognisable. Mp4 files are not usable in VirtualDub directly.

Please try the above and let us know how you get on. There are further things that can be done to fix the file, but I expect the problem may be that the Advanced Audio Codec codec used may not be supported and will require the audio stream to be stripped from the file and converted to MP3.
H.Ammer

Return to Avi2Dvd