Avi2DVD 0.6.2 problems with audio :(

Discussion about Avi2Dvd.
Requests and bug fixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Avi2DVD 0.6.2 problems with audio :(

Postby absolute_novice » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 am

Hello all,

I have installed Avi2DVD recently but I cannot create a DVD because the software permanently tells me to select an audio stream when a movie file has been selected. Just that the boxes for audio stream are empty :(

What can I do? :(
absolute_novice

Re: Avi2DVD 0.6.2 problems with audio :(

Postby H.Ammer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

This is a common problem, so much so it warrants a "sticky" above. Please read the above and follow the advice, and if unsuccessful post a "MediaInfo" text report on your video file.This information will form the basis of a more detailed reply. Please respond if only to say you have found the problem or not. Good luck.
H.Ammer

Postby absolute_novice » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 pm

H.Ammer wrote:Please read the above and follow the advice,

What do you mean by "the above" and which advice to follow?
absolute_novice

Postby H.Ammer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:14 pm

To get to this page you require to click on this topic in a list of topic. At the top of this list are the "Sticky Topics" and one whose topic title matches your problem. Here is a link to that "Sticky Topic" viewtopic.php?f=4&t=631 please read and try any advice that applies to your situation. The most likley causes are not having the correct audio (COmpression/DECompression) CODEC for your media file, or your file is not named as required, or your file is placed in a poorly named or complicated directory, your media file is non-compliment or has no audio stream, it is a poor MKV file with AAC or PCM audio, you are not running with administrators rights, and the list goes on.

Please persevere and let us know how you get on.
H.Ammer

Return to Avi2Dvd