WINDOWS VISTA + AVI2DVD

Discussion about Avi2Dvd.
Requests and bug fixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Re: vista audio stream error

Postby pattiycake » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:02 am

stathonm wrote:after choosing my input .avi file - it asks to select an audio stream - but the 3 drop down menues are blank - If I skip this step and try to convert any way, I get an error saying no audio stream was selected. Any ideas how to fix or bypass this or am I doing something wrong?

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]I am having the exact same problem. My file contains the subtitles already in it so I am wondering if that is causing my issue. Can anyone help?? :(
pattiycake

Postby mistim » Mon May 26, 2008 7:04 pm

stathonm wrote:after choosing my input .avi file - it asks to select an audio stream - but the 3 drop down menues are blank - If I skip this step and try to convert any way, I get an error saying no audio stream was selected. Any ideas how to fix or bypass this or am I doing something wrong?

did you ever get an answer about this from anyone? i'm having the exact same problem...thanks :)
mistim

Postby zacc » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:57 am

Looks like this is standard for us Vista users...Is everyone else thats having the blank Audio menus using 64-bit Vista? Maybe that has something to do with it?
zacc

Problems with WMP after Avi2Dvd install in Vista 64

Postby marcinkk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 am

Hello,

I've installed Avi2Dvd 0.4.5 on Vista 64 and converted succesfully avi (xvid + ac3) to dvd. I had problems with creating menu, so dvd was created without it - but I don't know if it was problem with this program on vista, or just with the program's gui (problem with resizing and moving text on the screen).

Problems was observed in Vista a while later. Movies (avi files) was not displayed in WMP after double click ... but it was displayed after using "open file" from menu. It was probably confilct with VobSub filter ... I've just deinstalled Avi2Dvd and the system (WMP) works now ok.

Regards,
Marcin
marcinkk

INTERFACE NOT SUPPORTED

Postby daddywags » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 am

I have used avi2dvd on vista on two computers, all of a sudden, i am getting the error message on both computers, interface not supported, what's up? HELP, maybe a vista update has changed something?
daddywags

Postby johninbigd » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:26 am

I'm having a slightly different problem. I just switched to a Vista 64-bit machine from an XP 32-bit machine. I have the same version of avi2dvd installed on both. I encoded a long AVI with no problem in XP. When I try it in Vista, I get an error that says "Invalid first byte of EBML ID: 00". I click okay and get another error that says "Unspecified error $80004005", then the program locks up and I have to kill it the hard way.

Any ideas?

I even tried running it in XP compatibility mode but it still wouldn't work.

EDIT: Interestingly, I just tried this with the trial version of WinAVI and got the same error about the EBML ID. Very weird!

Edit2: To make things weirder, the file won't even play in VLC on my new machine, but it played fine on my XP machine. That's bizarre. It's the same version of VLC.
johninbigd

Matrix.ini file missing?

Postby codediamond » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am

I have the same problem.... Does anyone know what the solution is??? Please?
It also brings up a message that says matrix.ini file is missing.
I specified the output file to be put onto my desktop. After all the warnings come up, the matrix.ini file is on my desktop along with the Avi2dvd_temp folder.
its on my desktop but it says its missing?
Please help

[4:34:19 PM] AVI2DVD Started !
[4:34:20 PM] Type mode : Avi Input
[4:34:20 PM] Output : Dvd
[4:34:20 PM] Encoder Selected : NuEnc
[4:34:20 PM] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
[4:34:53 PM] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Users\Trevr\Desktop\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.mp3 87522743 Bytes]
[4:34:53 PM] Starts Audio correction ...
[4:35:48 PM] Audio Fixed successfully ! [C:\Users\Trevr\Desktop\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.mp3 87522743 Bytes]
[4:35:48 PM] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...
[4:55:11 PM] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully ! [C:\Users\Trevr\Desktop\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 500126720 Bytes]
[4:55:11 PM] Start creating avisynth script ...
[4:55:11 PM] Avisynth script created successfully ! [C:\Users\Trevr\Desktop\Avi2dvd_temp\Avisynth_Script_File.avs 165 Bytes]
[4:55:12 PM] Bitrate used : 5086 Kbpps
[4:55:12 PM] Start video encoding ...
[4:55:35 PM] Video encoded successfully ! [C:\Users\Trevr\Desktop\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video.m2v -1 Bytes]
[4:55:35 PM] Job NOT Done. There are warnings ... Find at the log file the 0 byte generated file to focus where exactly the problem appears
[4:55:35 PM] All Jobs Done !!!
codediamond

vista audio stream error

Postby deleo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:55 am

I am running vista 64 and having the same audiostream issue as "Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:32 am Post subject: vista audio stream error". It's been about a year and no answer ... is this forum active? Last post on this thread from "trustfm - Site Admin" was Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007!!!

Are there other suggestions from users for how to best convert my avi's to dvd?

TIA
deleo

Postby ixul » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:51 pm

mistim wrote:

did you ever get an answer about this from anyone? i'm having the exact same problem...thanks :)

Must be a codec problem. I had the same problem on one file, but working fine on any other avi file I used. Got around it by using another converter that transformed it from whatever format it was in to a standard divx with mp3 sound. Then avi2dvd found the audio stream and converted fine to DVD. I am running on Vista 64 Ultimate, fully patched.
ixul

Postby monster2385 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:22 am

make sure your file folders are renamed with simple stuff like just letters an numbers
monster2385

PreviousNext

Return to Avi2Dvd