Problem Converting AVI to DVD

Easy to learn video tutorials and how-to guides

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Problem Converting AVI to DVD

Postby Rock » Thu May 31, 2007 1:26 pm

I'm trying to convert a avi movie file to a dvd format BUT Avi2DVD keeps asking me for a audiostream yet none are listed in the "Chose AudioStream" pull-down menu. All I have is the single, rather large avi file. There are no other files associated with it.

What's the work around for this situation?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just tried the fix mentioned earlier in this thread -- rename the avi file and create/move it to another new directory. Now Avi2dvd is detecting the audiostream BUT when I attempt to add the job I'm getting the following popup box message:

"Floating point division by zero"

After I click the "OK" button Avi2dvd freezes up yet at the very top, the application banner states "Analyzing the source...please wait. Of course, the application remains frozen and nothing further happens.

Thanks (again)
Rock

Postby motorhomebill » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:11 am

I'm totally new to this program but, learned the (I think) solution to your answer.
You have to make sure that the complete file path does not include any of the characters the pop-up window shows after loading the file (if this is happening to you).
Until you change the names of the file folders that may contain any of those characters you won't be able to load the avi file properly.
Then you will see that there are options for the Audio Stream.
Hope this helps, and I'm hoping someone will help me with the issues I'm having!
motorhomebill

Postby hanoverfiste » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:24 pm

I had the same problem, and remaned the file without and symbols, and it worked no problem.
hanoverfiste

Return to Tutorials