Limited number of pictures in foto2avi ?

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Limited number of pictures in foto2avi ?

Postby chrisfah » Fri May 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi,
I am using foto2avi 4.2 and i love it. Works well, fast and does what i want ;-)

Every day I have a large number of jpg files from a surveilance camera to be converted into one mp4 video file. There are approximately 2880 jpg files with a resolution of 1280 x 960 px each day. These pix have to be resized to 800x600px and converted into mp4 file.
Unfortunately when I try to add all pix at a time, foto2avi starts converting, and after a few seconds it exits without an error and prompts that conversion is done, but conversion has never started and no file has been created.

I solved that problem like this:
First I add only 960 (a third of totall pix) and create an uncompressed, but 800x600px resized avi file.
These three uncompressed avi files will then be merged and converted into mp4 file.

That works fine, but needs lot of time and attention.

Is there a better way to convert 2880 jpg pictures into a mp4 file?

Best regards, Chris

PS: And is there a way to skip corrupted jpg files automatically? Each time a corrupted pic is stored (comming from a webcam), converting is stopped and I have to delete the pic manually and restart converting again?
chrisfah

Re: Limited number of pictures in foto2avi ?

Postby trustfm » Sun May 04, 2014 10:37 am

I am currently working on an embeded resize tool.
It will be added in the next version.
trustfm
Site Admin

Return to Foto2Avi