SubTitle - Set Text Time Limit

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

SubTitle - Set Text Time Limit

Postby Tinhorn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 am

I would like the subtitle to time out after a few seconds and disappear. I see in the AviSynch Docs the 2 commands to accomplish this are:

first-frame=
last-frame=

In the ".f2a" config file under teh "SubTitle" catagory, I see the lines:

StartFrame=0
FinalFrame=3000

I thought these must be for the timing but when I change the 3000 to something like 60, the subtitle still does not time out. I thought maybe these lines were in error and changed the 2 lines to First-frame, etc but still no luck, the subtitle never times out

is there anyway to modify the .f2a file to cause teh Subtitle to time out and fade away?

Thanx
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 am

You can do it by cheating ...
Lets say that you want to dissolve a subtitle at the 1000 th second of your film (ex matrix.avi) for 3 secons and then dissapear it.

Load Matrix THREE TIMES
so you will have
Matrix
Matrix
Matrix
at your listview.
Now do something like this :
Matrix ---> start 0 stop 1000 , transition dissolve (it is important) with a duration of 100ms lets say without any subtitle effect
Matrix --> Start 1001 to 1003, transition dissolve with duration 100 ms. Here ENABLE the subtitle you want to appear
Matrix ---> Start 1004 to the end of the file , Transition none, no subtitle effect

This method works perfectly even for other effects. :wink:
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby Tinhorn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm

I wasn't thinking hard enough was I!!!!!!!!!

That's a pretty neat trick and I can see how it would work, and that is SIMPLE.......

thanx
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Foto2avi has a different approach from the other applications. At the the left panel you drag and drop the multimedia you want to use on your video production.
The left panel can be thinked as your DATA pool . the right panel is your video time line .
With this method of course you can add and other effects not only subtitles. :wink:
trustfm
Site Admin

Return to Foto2Avi