Command Line Switches

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Postby trustfm » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:52 am

no we are talking about future versions. On 2.2 for instance is planned the audio effects like fade in out etc ...
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby a16vuu » Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 am

Could the next version be launchable from the command line? so that stdIn/Out/Err can be used to track the process? or even just a simple command string like foto2avi.exe /load=project.f2a /nopreview /format=mpg /output=project.mpg

that would be cool :wink:
a16vuu

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:31 am

Firstly, a BIG thankyou to trustfm for developing this awesome tool!

I searched for days before I found it and was about to try to develop me own. Thank go I kept looking.

My big ask is..

Pleeeaassee could you post some instruction or sample script on how to generate an flv using foto2avi/avisynth from the command line.

Currently I
1) edit the f2a file to change the image and mp3 paths
2) open foto2avi load the f2a
3) click generate.

All I need is a way to generate the video based on the contents of the f2a from the command line. Then I can automate the generation of 100's of video's

If you cannot do it with foto2avi2.5 can you enhance? or is there a work around by using avisynth?
Tom

Postby Tinhorn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi Tom,

I converted a few AVI movies to Flv using ffmpeg alone using this script I found Googling.

Cut and Paste the below Script to NotePad, changing the "Input.Avi" to your existing video file name and the "Output.flv" to your desired file name then Save As "Script.Bat" Save teh Bat File in the same folder where your movies are. Find the Bat File using Windows Explorer and double click it. ffmpeg should convert the file.

be sure ffmpeg is in the window's path or ffmpeg.exe is located in the folder with the movies.

Good Luck with it

ffmpeg -i input.avi -pass 1 -s 448x336 -ab 56k -ar 22050 -ac 1 -vcodec flv -b 500k -g 160 -cmp 3 -subcmp 3 -mbd 2 -flags aic+cbp+mv0+mv4+trell Output.Flv

ffmpeg -i input.avi -pass 2 -s 448x336 -ab 56k -ar 22050 -ac 1 -vcodec flv -b 500k -g 160 -cmp 3 -subcmp 3 -mbd 2 -flags aic+cbp+mv0+mv4+trell Output.Flv

Tinhorn
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:57 am

Foto2Avi will accept command lines from the future versions. Is on my to do list. I hate to tell you but the earthquake of 06/April made me lose at least 4 months of work.
Backing up stuff and restoring new portable systems was painful . I also launched d some new web applications with my brother :wink:
Anyway i will update foto2avi as soon as i can . Under win7 works without any problems ....
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks Tinhorn for that, I need a complete solution however, so I can generate the avi's in the first place.

@TrustFM, sorry to hear about the loss of data, better to lose data than to lose people I guess. Best of luck getting things back on track.

Eagerly awaiting the new Foto2Avi Version.

Please post here as soon as it's available.
Tom

Previous

Return to Foto2Avi