Best way to Sync Audio to Slideshow

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Best way to Sync Audio to Slideshow

Postby Tinhorn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:52 pm

I have a collection of pictures and a collection of various sounds and will be making a Slideshow soon. I'll want to play a sound continuously thru several fotos, then switch to another sound for a single foto or 2 then switch over to another sound, etc. throughout teh slideshow.

What's the best way to get the sound play times right (in sync with the proper foto) ?

1.) I'm guessing but assume I need to get teh sounds in sequential order in foto2avi then

2.) manually create a "time line" of the slideshow pix's by writing down their foto display lengths then

3.)tell the sound to start/stop at the proper "Time Line" times?

Am I on the right track or is there another way?

4.) what about photos in the middle of the slideshow with No Sound?

Thanx for your time and the program

Tinhorn
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:32 pm

This is pretty easy with Foto2Avi.
since the photos can be delayed you must start with the sound .
Lets say that you want
Song1: From it's 10th sec to 30thsec (start point 10 end point 30)
Song2: From it's start (0 sec) to 10 sec
Song3 : SILENCE FOR 30 SEC
Song4 : From 50sec to 80 sec

So load these 4 files . (the silence file can be found at C:\Program Files\Foto2Avi\Sounds)
Since you need 30 sec silence you do start point 0 end point 30

So you have an soundtrack that has an total duration of 20 + 10 + 30 + 30 = 90 sec
Now you can put the photos...
TIP: The word DURATION on Foto2avi listbox is wrong (let's call it an bug) it is the final point i will fix it at the 2.1 version :wink:

The new version will have sound effects like reverb fade in out etc ... :roll:
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby Tinhorn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:01 pm

Ok, thanx for the guide. I'll give it a try in a few days when I get back to the computer.

Thanx again

Tinhorn
Tinhorn

Postby Tinhorn » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:23 pm

I got teh slide show finished and it turned out better than I expected. Foto2Avi sure makes it easy.

I organized about 500 pix's in Paint Shop Pro 7's thumbnail browser by dragging and dropping, selected all, then saved them in their own folder. When I pointed Foto2Avi to that folder of pictures, they were automatically in the order I wanted and all I had to do was <Hilite> the fotos and send them over to the "Output" box. NOTE: Foto2Avi will allow moving the Foto's using up/down arrows but dragging and dropping in PSP is much quicker.

Actually, I wanted the same sound for a string of 5 to 20 fotos then swop to a different sound. So I hilited those with the same sound and sent them over to teh "Output" box, added the correct sound at the bottom of the Output Box and compiled that segment (in AVI, uncompressed format, so it'd be quick)

Some of teh Foto sequences did have different sounds for special effects so I had to merge in 4 or 5 different sounds sometimes, but syncing was no problem using a timeline of the fotos.

After I got all the AVI sequences created, I directed them to a new "Output" box and compiled them into an MPG movie.

One Feature to think about for the next version of Foto2Avi is to total up the duration of "Hilited" fotos in "milli-seconds" and display a label with this information to help determine the length of the sound bite needed for that group of Foto's

For the hundreth time, thanx again for this program

Here is one of the Slide Show segments. I have a few Motion Cameras that take a pix of whatever walks in front of them. Get lots of deer and wild turkeys along with squirrels. This is a Squirrel Segment of teh slide show which shows what can easily be done using Foto2Avi.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0526&hl=en

Tinhorn
Tinhorn

Return to Foto2Avi