Taskbar - numerous ffv and ffa's appear during compiling

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Taskbar - numerous ffv and ffa's appear during compiling

Postby Tinhorn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:46 pm

So far, most of my Foto2AVI use has been with movie clips. My clips are usually 20 seconds long and I create a movie that is about 5 minutes long. (which seems to be about the Maximum length I can get without bombing out with an error like FEMPEG caused an IPF in Kernel32.dll)

The taskbar tray fills with the ffv and ffa Icons (I counted 68+ of them the last time I compiled a movie) and it takes up 2 rows of the taskbar. Usually there is some of these Icons left when I'm finished with the Foto2AVI program and I reboot to free up the resources.

I'm wondering if you forgot to close some of the files during the compilation process

I sure don't mean to be complaining about the program, It is GREAT. I've got a bunch of movie clips appended together using it already but they are never done LOL. I keep adding features as I learn to use them and keep recompiling over and over.......

Foto2AVI version 2
Win98SE with 258m of RAM

Tinhorn
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:05 am

This is not an Foto2Avi limitation !
You have two solutions
1) Use another codec instead of ffdshow (like xvid)
2) Use the UNCOMPRESSED AVI solution for more videos (using multiple projects).
Example :
Project1
movie01.avi movie02.mpg ... movie10.avi ---> Load them to Foto2Avi and press the gear botton to convert them (using uncoppressed avi) [uncompressed1.avi]
[hr]
New project ... Project2
movie11.avi movie12.mpg ... movie20.avi ---> Load them to Foto2Avi and press the gear botton to convert them (using uncoppressed avi) [uncompressed2.avi]
[hr]
New project ... Final project
Load uncompressed1.avi uncompressed2.avi --> press the gear button to convert them (using compression this time)

Hope you understood the trick
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby Tinhorn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:22 am

thanx for the quick answer

I forgot to mention I was compiling to MPG but you figured it out LOL :oops:

I'll try both methods and see which one I like the best. I need the end result to be MPG because my DVD player will play a CD MPG file on the TV so I bet I settle on the uncompressed AVI method and convert the combined files to an MPG

thanx again

Tin
Tinhorn

Postby trustfm » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:57 am

yes . The input files can be avi and mpg there are no limitations ...
If you want mpg output files take a look at the dvd option too at the settings-> output .
trustfm
Site Admin

Return to Foto2Avi