some suggestions concerning Foto2AVI

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

some suggestions concerning Foto2AVI

Postby yokozuna » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:11 am

Hi!

Thank you for creating Foto2AVI. The program is just great!

I do not know all the options because I have used the program since yesterday, but there are some thoughts which came to my mind I would like to share.

1. the program should be able to automatically adjust the length of slideshow to the length of music, just like Canopus Imaginate 2.0 (Canopus Imaginate proportionally stretches the time of every picture frame without touching the length of any effect) and/or be able to soft fade the music if the song/music is longer than the slideshow. The music is just cut now, which gives rather an unpleasant effect. Put simply - it looks like the slide show is not finished.

2. the program should be able to create front and end titles. It does not have to be anything sophisticated - just a blank screen in a chosen colour where one can write the title of slideshow, when it was made, etc. Just two frames in the beginning and the end, nothing more. I think it can be static. And the end titles should contain a line "Tool used to create this slide show: Foto2AVI" (or something like that) and the Web link, just like the end titles automatically created by AnvSoft Flash Slide Show Maker.

3. the program should be able to downscale jpg images automatically. I use freeware VSO Image Resizer in batch mode, but it is not so convenient if there are a lot of images in different folders. It slows down the making of slideshows. Dragging and dropping pictures would be nice too.

4. I noticed a bug (a feature?) that Foto2AVI stubbornly forces me to save avis and/or f2afiles in some certain places/folders. Of course, I can move them manually afterwards, but I have no idea why it happens.

Anyway, Foto2AVI is really well done! Thank you! I think the program deserves to be far more popular. To be honest, I found it by coincidence, on BetaNews.com.
yokozuna

Postby trustfm » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:49 am

the number 2 can be done out of the box immediately only by using Foto2avi.
Go to c:\Program Files\Foto2Avi\Images there are some default background images .
You load one image at the begining of the film and one at the end of the film now select one of these pictures and go to the options. Go to the subtitle effects and aff an subtitle over the picture. Not only you can add simple text but you can give animation on them ... (you can direct them up and down ... ) Read the tutorials for more informations

3) I do not know if this would be a good idea because some people dont care about time but about quality ... i will check this out later ...

4) i will see if this is an bug or not right now .

1) This actually cannot be done directly only with foto2avi . The best actual solution is to add your photos / videos and check out the length. After that if the song is bigger then cut it with an free wave editor like audacity (it is 100% free) does the fade out effect too !
*Tip If ou want to do something like thos :
Song1-Wait 30 sec-Song2-Wait 45sec-Song3 you can do it with foto2avi only by using the silent file (ogg) included on foto2avi at the path c:\Program Files\Foto2Avi\Sounds
The sounds can be trimmed at the beggining and at the end of them but right now i do not offer fade in / out options for them ...

**I am really happy that my freeware software is beeing compared with proffessional paid solutions :D :D :D

***Anyway right now i am writing an actual video editor based on foto2avi engine . Foto2avi is more like an slideshow machine . The new software will be like an painter that the user can edit frame by frame the videos ...
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby yokozuna » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 am

I compared Foto2AVI to commercial slideshow makers because I think that Foto2AVI is not worse than them. Even more, most commercial software products have horribly steep learning curve, which means that they are good for professionals who use them every day, but not for people who use them from time to time. Foto2AVI is very intuitive, far more intuitive than any such program I tested.

Thank you for the tips and explanations. Actually I noticed one more thing which could be improved - there should be a frame counter in preview mode. If there are a lot of frames which look alike and one made a mistake it would be much easier to correct it in the main windows of the program.

Thank you once again for creating Foto2AVI!
yokozuna

Suggestion

Postby TT » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:41 am

Being able to drag-and-drop my photo, video, and sound files into the program would make things MUCH faster and easier.
TT

Postby trustfm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 am

Three things are beeing planned for the version 2.1 :
1) Drag and drop
2) overlay transitions
3) Audio effects
trustfm
Site Admin

Return to Foto2Avi