Optimization Tips for Foto2Avi

Foto2avi is an freeware photo to video converter based on avisynth . It can create cool effects and it is an free video editor. It can handle videos too ! Specially designed for small videos that you can put them on Youtube

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, skyheartblue, roger_rabbit, reburn

Optimization Tips for Foto2Avi

Postby trustfm » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:18 am

Foto2Avi can become from a fast convertion tool to an awfully slow tool .
You MUST understand that the special effects have a significant impact on the computer resources.
Here i will list you some tips that can make Foto2Avi mo0re performant ;)

1) Resize all your photos specialy if you have an 10mp camera and each photo es 5mb !!! For more information look here

2) Animation effects are heavy ! Use them with caution ! The preview can have a lot of problems but if you try to convert them you will obtain an perfect result !!!

3) Say NO to huge projects ! Divide them to more scenes !!!
Let's say that you want to make an really big video with 300 photos . It is better to divide this project in three fases (3 projects *.f2a) 100-100-100 photos.
Foto2Avi can produce Uncompressed avis so you cannot lose in quality !
so :
Use Foto2Avi to :
first 100 photos -> uncompressed_video1.avi
second 100 photos -> uncompressed_video2.avi
last 100 photos -> uncompressed_video3.avi

Now load these 3 uncompressed videos on Foto2avi in a new project and just join them . Now you can compress your video as you like ! ;)

4) Save your projects before previewing them ! It is important ! Avisynth has some problems with the stability at least to our test systems ... Use the preview with caution. (More tips will be explained here later)
trustfm
Site Admin

Use of portrait shaped photos in foto2avi

Postby Columbos » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:46 pm

As first time user i do not understand correctly how to get portraitshaped photos correctly displayed bij foto2avi.
I have made some avi's now and i am impressed by userfriendlyness. Therefor i would like tot keep using this tool. I have one other wish and that is the capability to add tekst to any photo in the presentation. Is that something that is already possible or anyything that will be added in the near future?

Thanks in advance for answering

Best regards: Theo Henderik
Columbos

Postby trustfm » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:45 pm

Columbos i must admit that i made an advanced guide of xnview with the first question that you have made to me !

So ...
1) Take a look here . With a few words yes it can be done !

2) This can be already easily done !!! Take a look here

Tell me what you think ! ;) :wink:
trustfm
Site Admin

foto2avi

Postby Columbos » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks for your very quick answer. I will start experimenting and i sthink i will succeed with this.
Thanks again.
Theo Henderik
Columbos

Postby trustfm » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:38 pm

in the next version of foto2avi i will add the option 'Keep the original Aspect Ratio'
The next version will not be beta ;)
Stay tuned !
trustfm
Site Admin

1 000 photos at once, SUCCESFULY!

Postby woj_zien » Thu May 01, 2008 2:18 pm

I just have converted AT ONCE 1 000 photos into dvd using Foto2avi application. I did it at once, not partialy ( NOT using the rocomanded 100_photos_each_time method). My each original photo "weighs" about 160 kB. I have used "compress option" , 2 pass encoding, without any sound. It took me about 5 hours. Result is EXELLENT. It is the only aplication I could manage AT ONCE more then 200 photos. Minus of the all process: not avalible preview in such a big work. Maybe for preview you (program constructors) should use VirtualDub?
woj_zien

Return to Foto2Avi