Anyone has Bluetech AP-DV020 player and solved subs problems

Discussion about AviSub. Requests and bugfixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, roger_rabbit

Anyone has Bluetech AP-DV020 player and solved subs problems

Postby StefG » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Hello !
I have spent 30 CDs trying to find a working combination but I've found just a few things:
1. my DVD player can read MicroDVD subtitles in file with txt extension. For those who doesn't know this format looks like this:
{1068}{1119}Here is text
{1121}{1178}Here is text
etc..
but fonts are yellow, tin, small
So I've tried with Avisub, I have DivX Pro player and it shows subtitles made by Avisub, but my player recognize subtitle layer but don't dispaly it.

So i tried with Txt2Vobsub and it works but very, very bad. My player shows this subtitles but they are unreadable. Characters are too close and color is absolutely awful, some kind of gray but looks as they were burned and whole row looks like there is no space between characters. Simply unreadable.

So I'd like to know if anyone has this player and found winning combination. I'd like to try with firmware update but it's impossible to find anything about this company on the net. I've just found a few people on some forums looking for firmware. I know that this is probably clone of some better known player hardware and that exists some firmware which could be used for updating my player but who could know which one is it.

Thanks in advance !
StefG
StefG

Postby trustfm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 am

So I've tried with Avisub, I have DivX Pro player and it shows subtitles made by Avisub, but my player recognize subtitle layer but don't dispaly it.

Try to move UPPER the subtitles (at least 120 hor offset) and try AGAIN.

If you have the subs voice shown on your DVD then the subs are there but they are OFF screen (too low)

Let me know what happened[/quote]
trustfm
Site Admin

Postby StefG » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:41 am

Nothing helps
I've spent 30 CDRs and then remembered I have CDRW, now I'm working with CDRW, and tried almost all possible combinations.
I have DivX Pro Player 6.8 on my PC and I can see subtitles, also my standalone Bluetech DVD/DivX player can recognize all subtitle tracks but can't display anyone.
I've tried many softwares the last one AVIAddXSubs 8.0 and with this one I've put 8 subtitle tracks, my player recognizes all of them but can't display anyone. This software has test mode so it automatically changes positions of subtitles so you can see if this is problem.
Player can read MicroDVD subtitle format and Subrip format too but it's internal fonts are yellow, smal and thin.
The only way I could see inserted subtitles was by "Txt2VobSub" but unreadable, I was trying to resize fonts, change colors, I tried also with edited IFO file, nothing helped.
I know I could make it by transcoding/reencoding but I don't want to wait for 1 or 2 hours and that's why I like Avisub, unfortunately my player is some strange bird.
The last (stupid) idea on my mind is that it plays subtitles under/behind video so I can't see them.
StefG
StefG

Return to AviSub