WORKED ONCE BUT NO MORE

Discussion about AviSub. Requests and bugfixing.

Moderators: george, Excalibur!, roger_rabbit

WORKED ONCE BUT NO MORE

Postby jaymack » Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 am

Okay first off I do love this program! It's great in my humble opinion (when it works). I managed to get an AVI file subbed the first time. In fact I did it twice. But now I can't get it to do it again at all. I've tried two different machines:

Windows XP HP Laptop
Windows Vista Desktop

Each time it starts to encode or generate the file but after the loading bar goes up a notch (maybe a quarter of the way) I get a "COMPLETED" message but the output file cannot be opened and is only a fraction of the size it should be.

I'm desparate to make this work! Please somebody help, but assume I don't know much...because I don't know much.

Thanks!
jaymack

Postby trustfm » Sat May 10, 2008 2:20 pm

use simple paths for the movies .
Try d:\mymovies\mymovie.avi
The movie name must be simple too !
trustfm
Site Admin

Now what?

Postby jaymack » Sat May 10, 2008 5:06 pm

Okay I tried to give both the avi file and the srt file the same simple name [title]1.avi and [title]1.srt still nothing. I'm attaching an image and a small flash movie of what I did.

[flash width=640 height=480]http://jayjohnsoncreative.com/main/vids/error/error.swf[/flash]
jaymack

Postby trustfm » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Hello there !
My name is Karidis Anastasios ;)

Well as far as i can see you have vista on your computer installed.

1) Make sure that you have avisub running from a folder with administrative rights. (avisub creates a folder called X:/tmp99)
so make sure that you run avisub with admin rights (rightclick the exe and select run as admin now i am under xp and i do not know the exact way to do it but it is really easy to do)
2) Ii may be annoying but the subs have long names and strange chars (.en on he path). This is a limitation of the fuse program used by avisub.
3) Try another film (another series). NOT ALL THE AVI'S can be processed by avisub. If you want 100% support of subtitles over ANY kind of film please take a look at txt2vobsub and buy a cheap dvd player that supporst vobsubs (the quality is even better and you will override any limitation)
4) When it worked worked under which circumstances ? You had vista ? another series maybe ?
5) Move the subtitles upper (120 hr offset)
trustfm
Site Admin

Return to AviSub